Roku Link code
Once you have the five character Roku link code, displaying on the screen of TV ( Note: The rest of the previous steps if you want to refer, are covered after Roku Link activation), you can move further with the process of Roku activation.
- As you have now the five characters Roku link code, now open the website of Roku device. Go to the web browser of your choice ad the web UR in the web address bar: Roku.com/link. You always have the choice to open this Roku web address into the smartphone device, but it is way quicker into the PC.
- When the web page of Roku link code has appeared, enter that five digit activation code in the box, situated in the middle of the page. Click upon submit and wait till the web page submission.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to log in to use your Roku device. If you have already a Roku account holder, please fill in the details, select the Login option and enter your email address and password to log in instead.
If you are a new user, this is your first Roku device and never had created an account on Roku previously; then you will be asked to create an account. To do so, create an account and pin also. This is what you’ll use to log into your Roku TV if you choose to password-protect it.
After login to the Roku account, its time to set up the payment method. Add a payment method which you will use on future for payment of Roku usage.
When prompted, enter the mode of payment of your choice which could be any of credit card or PayPal etc. Be mindful that you will not be charged when entering your payment method, but this is the method you’ll use to pay for some content (e.g., subscriptions) on your Roku. You can skip the payment method step if you’re on a Roku account which already has a payment method
In the last step of the Roku link code, you need to complete any additional steps displayed on the web page. As you had finished adding a payment method, you may be asked to confirm your account’s email address; either way, once you’ve completed the activation process, you will be able to use your Roku on your TV.
On this page, you can choose the to purchase or add channels free (more than 1000)or paid to view into your Roku account. You can purchase channels from Roku store and you will be only charged at the time of purchasing any additional channel.
After choosing the channels of your choice, you can enjoy your favorite channels through the streaming player.
After this Roku link code setup, the Roku player will be refreshed itself and given a message about new channels. Your Roku player is ready to use
Roku Link code Setup explained step by step
First of all, in order to do enjoy Roku experience, you need to determine the kind of Roku device you are interested to purchase. Broadly R
Roku player could be categorized into two forms. One is Roku player which looks like a box and comes with many cables and second is Roku stick that looks like a flash drive or memory stick and that comes with at least one power cable.
In the second step of the Roku device setup, plug the Roku into the HDMI port of the TV. All HDTV have at least one HDMI port, so if you are using the HDTV, you would not find any issue in finding the HDMI port to connect the Roku. To identify the HDMI port, you can see that the HDMI port looks like a trapezoid, and can often be found on the back of the TV (though some TVs have the HDMI port(s) on the side). Depending on your Roku type, this process will vary slightly.
- Roku player: To connect the Roku, plug one side of the cable into the back of Roku player’s box and plug the other side of the cable into the HDMI port on the back of the TV. Mostly HDTV have more than one HDMI port.
- Roku stick: To connect the Roku, plug one side of the cable into the back of Roku stick and plug the other side of the cable into the HDMI port on the back of the TV. Mostly HDTV have more than one HDMI port.
Note: If your TV does not have the HDMI port, you will not be able to use a Roku Stick with your TV; you can have a choice to buy an HDMI to Component adapter if your TV has component (e.g, red, white, and yellow) ports.
4. If your TV has more than one HDMI port, then please note the HDMI port number on which the cable has been plugged into Roku. For reference, you can see the port number next to the port on the back of the TV. This number may be written as “HDMI 1″, HDMI 2”, and so on. Your TV may also just have the ports labeled with individual numbers, “1”, “2”.
5. Now to move further with the Roku setup, attach the Roku device with power. Either you are using Roku player or Roku stick, both require the power source to operate.
- Roku Player: If it is the Roku player, then Plug one end of the included power cable into the back of the player box, then plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Roku Streaming stick: If it is other than Roku player and it is the Roku streaming stick, then Plug one end of the included power cable into the back of the stick, then plug the other end into an electrical outlet. If your Roku Stick has a USB power cable and your TV has a USB port, you can instead plug the USB cable into your Roku Stick and your TV.
- In case of Roku streaming stick+ then Plug one end of the included power cable into the side of the stick, then plug the other end into an electrical outlet. If your Roku Stick has a USB power cable and your TV has a USB port, you can instead plug the USB cable into your Roku Stick and your TV.
6. Now after plugging the respective device’s cable into the TV, power on the TV and then press the iNput option and later select the video. Also, you have the choice to press “source” button on the remote (or the TV) and select the HDMI slot into which the Roku Stick is inserted. This will open the Roku setup screen, from which point you can begin setting up your Roku.
7. Now determine the language of your choice and select it using your Roku remote’ arrow buttons. To choose the preferred language, scroll through available languages and press OK once you find the preferred language on the Roku device.
8. Now to stream your favorite videos, you need to connect to the internet. On the network page scan for the available networks bu using the option can again to see all networks and pressing OK. Scroll till the time you find your preferred networks in available networks.
Select the network by highlighting it and pressing OK. Answer the network key when prompted to enter and press ok to submit the network password. You also have the option when you are connecting the Roku player, you can connect by using an ethernet cable instead of using wifi.
9. After the Roku internet connection has been established, you need to let the Roku device to update. After the network connection done with Roku device, you will be asked to download the Roku’s latest software. Let the updated software download for Roku device and get it to update its software. Depending upon your internet speed which could be longer or shorter, this update process of software generally takes half an hour to download the latest software and install.
After the Roku device is updated, you need to confirm the display settings or you can choose the preferred display settings out of the available options.
If it the Roku player which you are using, our Roku player will immediately determine the best settings for your HDTV and apply them.
But for the Roku streaming stick, you will manually select the display settings by clicking on the option Set display type and allow the setup to run. And if it is the Roku Streaming Stick+, you’ll select Auto to detect display type here instead. You can then select OK, go to automatic when prompted. You always have the choice to update or change the settings, once your Roku is set up by opening Settings, selecting Display type, and selecting your preferred TV settings.
Now you can use your Roku remote to control your Tv as per your preferred choice. If you want to use your Roku remote to change your TV’s volume and such, select Check remote settings when prompted and follow any on-screen instructions. You can also select the Skip option to skip ahead to activating your Roku.